Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Cant turn of Find My Iphone

i am trying to turn of Find My Iphone but it wont let me, literally. Like the section of the "Find My Iphone" is darkened. I cant even click on it. I dont know what else to do in this situation. Ive include below the picture, i dont know if you guys can notice but the section is darkened. Thank you so much in advance.

iPhone 12, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 4:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 5:08 AM

This is what you do. It is covered in the support article but it isn’t titled turning off Find My.

1. Sign in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID.
  2. Go to Find My iPhone.
  3. Click All Devices at the top of the screen.
  4. Select the device that you want to remove from iCloud.
  5. Click Erase [device]. Select Next until the device is erased. 
  6. Click Remove from Account.

When you remove a device from your account, you will be starting all over again and you can add it back to your Apple ID when you get it back and sign in again.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2024 5:08 AM in response to NikuFaimu

This is what you do. It is covered in the support article but it isn’t titled turning off Find My.

1. Sign in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID.
  2. Go to Find My iPhone.
  3. Click All Devices at the top of the screen.
  4. Select the device that you want to remove from iCloud.
  5. Click Erase [device]. Select Next until the device is erased. 
  6. Click Remove from Account.

When you remove a device from your account, you will be starting all over again and you can add it back to your Apple ID when you get it back and sign in again.

Cant turn of Find My Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.