Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Passcode locked iPhone 4S iOS 7

I have an iPhone 4S I purchased off eBay in a lot and it is running iOS 7 and is passcode locked. Is there a way to reset it? I don't want to update it to iOS 9.

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 5:27 AM

7 replies

Apr 26, 2024 7:52 AM in response to Sickminecraft45

4S is obsolete. Even if you could fix the passcode issues, very few apps would run on the ancient iOS version on the phone.

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

Even if you could erase the phone to reset the passcode, you don't know the Apple ID and Apple ID password that was used to originally set up the phone, correct?

Your best bet by far....return the phone for a refund.

Never purchase a used phone unless the product powers on to the "hello" screen.

Apr 26, 2024 3:01 PM in response to Sickminecraft45

Resetting the Passcode is simple when connected to a computer.

If you forgot your iPhone passcode, use your Mac or PC to reset it - Apple Support

If you are met with a prompt asking for the Apple ID and Password, you will not be able to reset the device. Apple used to have a tool that would allow anyone check for Activation Lock using the IMEI number, but they not longer support this. You will find that a website that claims it can will not be able to produce accurate results.

How can I accurately check iCloud status … - Apple Community

Passcode locked iPhone 4S iOS 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.