Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Resetting my iPhone but Apple ID isn’t recognised

my Iphone was meant to be reset after a deleted account from a previous person I know had it, but won’t let me as wants an Apple ID that no longer exists and when I try keeps asking for it or to turn of the find your phone feature but that wants the same thing and it means I can’t reset nor update my apps as all want a password/account that no longer exists. I got this iPhone from my mother but her account is gone and can’t do anything so I can update apps at least

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 15

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 5:58 AM

1 reply

Apr 26, 2024 6:26 AM in response to futaba224

If the account it is locked to has actually been deleted in Apple’s system (as opposed to forgotten by the original owner), the only way past this is for the original owner to take it to Apple along with the original proof of purchase to have the activation lock removed.

If that’s not possible, it’s useless. Recycle it.

If the Apple ID was NOT deleted from Apple’s system, the original owner will have to regain access to their account or take the phone and the original proof of purchase to Apple.

Resetting my iPhone but Apple ID isn’t recognised

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.