Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Poor frame rate when watching MLS plus recaps and games on Apple TV

Why does the frame rate drop when I watch games and recaps on Apple TV? I have tried watching games and recaps on my phone and it works fine. My phone is connect to my WiFi and have even put my phone in airplane mode to verify it wasn’t using cell service. MLS plus is the only thing I watch on Apple TV that has such poor frame rate. If I pause for a few seconds and play again it plays as it should for a few seconds but then decreases frame rate. The frame rate is so bad I can’t watch because you can’t track the movement. Help.

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 7:01 AM

2 replies

Apr 26, 2024 10:41 AM in response to evanfader

On what device is this happening? Is this about using the Apple TV box, or about using the Apple TV app on a smart TV or third party streaming device?

I just watched the recap of LA vs. San Jose, and that was smooth for me.

Does it happen for you on every match? Or one particular match? If so, which one?

Skipping frames seems to point to a bandwidth issue, somewhere between the source server and your playback device. The stream itself wouldn’t have a lower frame rate; that wouldn’t be acceptable even if lower bitrate was intentional.

If this issue persists, then I would advise to contact the Apple Support staff for further assistance.

Poor frame rate when watching MLS plus recaps and games on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.