Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

iPhone 15 Pro Max Battery Health dropping suddenly!!

I am using my iPhone 15 Pro Max on 80% charging limit since 4th Nov 2023. Battery health dropped 4% in total this month (April 2024). Dropped on following dates

1. 4th - 99% @ 178 charge cycle
  2. 18th - 98% @ 196
  3. 22nd - 97% @ 201
  4. 26th - 96% @ 206

I am really confused. Please let me know if anyone else also noticed this and tell me possible reason and solution.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 7:32 AM

1 reply

Apr 26, 2024 7:46 AM in response to Vard_007

Battery Health drop is not linear. Battery health can remain steady for some time, then drop a few points. On average, it's normal to see a 1 - 2% drop in Battery Health per month (again on average). Based on what you've posted, your Battery Health is just fine and doing what would be expected, so you have nothing to be concerned about. When the day comes that the health of your battery dips to 80% (which is absolutely WILL do), it will then be time to pay Apple to replace the battery. Until then, stop monitoring it and enjoy your phone.

iPhone 15 Pro Max Battery Health dropping suddenly!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.