Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Local WEBUI access to devices from Mac Sonoma 14.4.1 Can't establish a secure connection

I have a new MacBook Pro with Sonoma 14.4.1 that replaced an older Mac I was using at work. I regularly have to connect to, and configure various types of devices that have webui's (think managed switches, routers, and industrial devices with Ethernet Interfaces.

In most cases I have to connect a patch cable to the device and open a browser pointed to a default IP address.

Since getting the new Mac I cannot access these devices. Safari keeps telling me it can't establish a secure connection. I also installed a couple of other browsers and got the same results. On my older Mac there was always a way to proceed anyway usually by clicking a link. But there is no way to proceed now. The addresses do not show up in Keychain access so I can't tell it to trust.

I run parallels with a windows 11 VM and Edge does essentially the same thing with no workaround. This has to be a setting in the Mac OS somewhere. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 7:50 AM

There are no replies.

Local WEBUI access to devices from Mac Sonoma 14.4.1 Can't establish a secure connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.