Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

I can’t log into apple mail when I click google

Recently I changed my gmail password after that my apple mail said to re-enter the password when I tried to click it doesn’t work. When I removed my gmail and tried again to login. When I click google in add account it doesn’t work

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 8:00 AM

1 reply

Apr 27, 2024 3:53 AM in response to razia260

Using an app password is essential if you enable two-step verification for your Google account. Two-step verification adds an extra layer of security by requiring a code from your phone or authenticator app in addition to your password when signing in. Regular passwords won't work with apps that don't support two-step verification, which is why Microsoft created app passwords. Just generate an app password for your iPhone's mail app and you'll be good to go!

Here are some additional points you might find helpful:

• You can generate app passwords through your Microsoft account security settings.
  • App passwords are unique and only work for the specific app they're created for.
  • Consider creating strong and unique passwords for your Microsoft account and other online accounts.

This applies to Google, Yahoo, and Aol too.

You may have enabled two-step verification on Google --> Sign in with App Passwords - Google Account Help

I can’t log into apple mail when I click google

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.