Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

WIFI card not working properly on Macbook Pro (1707)?

Hi folks,

I've been having issues with my Macbook Pro 1707 (2017)...

I have 2 networks I use to connect in our house- a mesh network, and a network using the router throughout the house. At various times, I have to switch between the two networks when the network I'm on goes "dead." (The connection icon always reads connected, and with most if not all bars.)

It's an old house with thick walls and I've grown accustomed to this. Sometimes, other devices (phone, tablet) ALSO goes "dead", but this is primarily an issue with my MBP.

Anyway, I've been unable to receive any FaceTime videos, without the initiator telling me that I've frozen. If I switch to my phone or tablet, everything's fine. Last night, I took my laptop to my son's house, and asked him to initiate a FaceTime. Same thing happened on HIS network: the video froze. Obviously, a problem with my Macbook.

I'm thinking it's a wifi card issue, and was disappointed to find that this model has the wifi components soldered into the board, so it's no longer replaceable.

Could it be anything else? Any other fixes if it IS my wifi card? This has been going on for a while, IOS is current. Thanks in advance for any suggestions...

Earlier displays & monitors

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 8:01 AM

1 reply

Apr 26, 2024 3:15 PM in response to pawprint1125

pawprint1125 wrote:

Hi folks,

I've been having issues with my Macbook Pro 1707 (2017)...

A1707...(?)

right the WiFi card in the all of the Touch Bar models are soldered to the logic boards and not replaceable; this unlike the older MacBook Pro,

this would be a logic board replacement, if cost effective(?) which is questionable.

A possible work around is Ethernet or Wifi dongle / Wireless USB Adapter For Mac

WIFI card not working properly on Macbook Pro (1707)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.