Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Share my location in Find My from Apple Watch

Hi,

Our daughter has got Apple Watch Cellular. I've set up the eSIM card, however, when I wanna check, where she is in Find My app, it shows the location of her iPhone. When i checked the Find My on her iPhone, it says in My Location From "This iPhone and cellular Apple Watches". So I believe I've set it up correctly. When I check the Devices in Find My, I can see correct location of the Watches.

Any idea of how to make it work?

Thanks,

Jakub

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 9:22 AM

4 replies

Apr 27, 2024 1:32 AM in response to Ingo2711

Yes, we Family sharing set up (for several years). She had her iPhone for past few years. She's got her Apple Watch 9 cellular for X-Mas and I've set up the data plan on them yesterday, expected that we will see her in FInd My based on Apple Watch location. However, it shows us her location based on her iPhone location, which is at home.

Share my location in Find My from Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.