Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Transfer info from iPhone 4S to iPhone 15.

I realize the store copies my info from 4S to iPhone 15, I guess. But if I have a LOT of photos in my iPhone PHOTOS & they are not always in ALBUMS, will the ones in PHOTOS still copy onto the iPhone 15? Or is there some way I need to go into iCloud and make sure all are on it? Very old texts I want to save? What about those? I am a packrat as far as too much stuff, plus I am not not a techie. Pretty hopeless with me and technology. THANK YOU!

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 10:32 AM

1 reply

Apr 26, 2024 11:28 AM in response to jean1964

It doesn't matter if the photos have been moved to specific albums. They will still transfer. You can certainly go to www.icloud.com and see what you have synced there.

On a phone as old as yours, I would recommend backing it up to your computer using the Finder or iTunes. Opt to encrypte the back up. See here:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Then, restore the new phone from the backup:

Use iCloud to transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If saving text messages is important to you (as it is to me!), I would recommend an application such as iMazing or TouchCopy to archive your messages as pdf or text files. Those types of files are easily portable and searchable. That's not something you need to do right away, however.

Transfer info from iPhone 4S to iPhone 15.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.