Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Joining Family Sharing Apple Music

I have been added to family sharing. However, I have an individual subscription for Apple Music in a different region to that of the region of the Family organiser.

I am needing to change my region from South Africa to UK but I am concerned about losing all my music on Apple Music if I cancel my subscription. I also am not able to see all the subscriptions which have been shared by the family organiser - I can only see iCloud+ as a subscription.

What could be the reason behind why I can’t see all the subscriptions & why I am not able to join Apple Music via Family Sharing.

I should also mention other members of the family are in South Africa & they have access to all the subscriptions.

I am very confused & any advice would be greatly appreciated as it seems to be quite difficult to get straightforward answers regarding this.

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2024 10:15 AM

It's possible that the visibility of shared subscriptions and the ability to join Apple Music may be affected by regional restrictions or differences between your subscription and the Family organizer's region. To avoid losing your music, you might want to reach out to Apple Support for guidance on changing your region safely. Additionally, contacting the Family organizer or checking Family Sharing settings for any restrictions related to regions could provide further insight into the situation.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2024 10:15 AM in response to courtz272

It's possible that the visibility of shared subscriptions and the ability to join Apple Music may be affected by regional restrictions or differences between your subscription and the Family organizer's region. To avoid losing your music, you might want to reach out to Apple Support for guidance on changing your region safely. Additionally, contacting the Family organizer or checking Family Sharing settings for any restrictions related to regions could provide further insight into the situation.

Joining Family Sharing Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.