Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Trying to get the Select or select all options when placing cursor on a word and holding it down

When I want to select/select all, I usually hold down the cursor on a word for a second, and it gives me the option, but not all the time. Am I doing something wrong? Yes, I am running the most current version of iOS for ipad and iphone. It has actually been happening for a while, but the inconsistency is starting to bug me.

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 11:36 AM

2 replies

Trying to get the Select or select all options when placing cursor on a word and holding it down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.