Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

when iphone is close to car radio, the call or voice of siri is breaking (bad)

I have connected my iphone 15 to my car radio via bluetooth. Whenever the phone is close to the radio, the sound when making a call or the sound from the siri is bad. It interrupts this as if there were interference. If I listen to music via Spotify, the sound is good. At first I thought the magsafe stand I have next to the radio was to blame, then I did some experiments by putting the phone down off the stand and near the radio. The result was the same. When I move the phone away from the radio the sound is normal. The car I have the phone connected to is a 2019 Ibiza. The same with the other car, which is a VW Caddy 2016 year.

Previously I had a samsung galaxy s23 which has the same bluetooth chip inside and there were no problems.

Does anyone have similar experience ? What can I do ?

iPhone 15

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 12:12 PM

1 reply

Apr 27, 2024 1:53 AM in response to ervinlinkin

Bluetooth interference can potentially cause connectivity issues due to the disruption of the wireless communication between devices. Bluetooth operates in the 2.4 GHz frequency range, which is also used by various other devices such as Wi-Fi routers, microwaves, cordless phones, and even some baby monitors. When multiple devices are operating in close proximity and using the same frequency band, interference can occur.

Here's how Bluetooth interference can impact connectivity:

1. Audio Streaming Interruptions: When you're streaming music via Apple Music or using Siri to play audio content, Bluetooth interference can disrupt the connection between your device (such as an iPhone) and the Bluetooth speaker or headphones. This interference can result in the audio stuttering, dropping out momentarily, or experiencing poor sound quality.
  2. Bluetooth devices transmit data in packets. Interference can cause some of these packets to be lost or corrupted during transmission. As a result, the receiving device may have trouble decoding the audio or Siri commands correctly, leading to stuttering or delayed responses.
  3. Bluetooth signals can be weakened by interference from other devices operating on the same frequency band. If the signal strength drops significantly, it can affect the stability of the connection between your device and the Bluetooth accessory. This can result in intermittent stuttering as the connection struggles to maintain a consistent data flow.
  4. Bluetooth uses different channels within the 2.4 GHz frequency range to establish connections. When there are many Bluetooth devices in close proximity, multiple connections can create congestion on the available channels. This congestion can cause interference, leading to degraded performance for Apple Music streaming or Siri interactions.

To mitigate Bluetooth interference issues and reduce stuttering:

1. Minimize the number of active Bluetooth devices in close proximity to each other. Switch off or move away devices that are not in use or causing interference.
  2. Increase the distance between your Bluetooth devices (e.g., your iPhone and Bluetooth speaker/headphones) to reduce the impact of interference.
  3. Keep your devices' firmware up to date, including your iPhone and any Bluetooth accessories. Manufacturers often release firmware updates that can improve the performance and stability of Bluetooth connections.
  4. Objects like walls, furniture, or large metal surfaces can obstruct Bluetooth signals and contribute to interference. Ensure a clear line of sight between your devices to optimize signal strength.
  5. Some Bluetooth devices allow you to manually switch to different channels within the 2.4 GHz range. Check the user manual or settings of your Bluetooth accessory to see if you can change channels to find a less congested one.
  6. If your Wi-Fi router supports it, consider using the 5 GHz frequency band for Wi-Fi connections instead of 2.4 GHz. This can reduce potential interference between Bluetooth and Wi-Fi signals.

By implementing these steps, you can help minimize Bluetooth interference and improve the overall performance of Siri's voice.

when iphone is close to car radio, the call or voice of siri is breaking (bad)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.