Trouble with settings transferring custom email domain from a different provider

I'm trying to transfer an email address that I have already registered with gandi.net to iCloud+'s "custom email domain" feature.

I'm at the step of updating my domain registrar's settings but the records in the instructions don't precisely match Gandi's DNS Records options.

For example, Apple's instructions include

"SPF:

Type: TXT

Host: @

Value: ..."

Gandi's DNS Records don't show an existing SPF type record. And, when I go to "Add DNS record" there is only an option to specify a single type--either SPF or TXT. I'm not able to input both SPF and TXT.

Also, there are significantly more existing DNS Records listed on Gandi's DNS Records than in Apple's instructions. Apple's instructions include 5 records: (1) MX Type MX (2) MX Type MX (3) TXT Type TXT (4) SPF Type TXT (5) DKIM Type CNAME. Gandi lists 14 DNS records on my existing account, with 2 MX type records, but only 1 TXT type record; zero SPF type records; zero DKIM type records and 5 CNAME records.

I took a stab at changing the records per the instructions I received, but it didn't work.

Any advice about how to figure out which Gandi DNS records I should be changing and which (if any) I should be deleting entirely in order to finish the transfer would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 12:17 PM

There are no replies.

Trouble with settings transferring custom email domain from a different provider

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.