My messages keep sending as text messages and not as imessages only to one person who also uses an apple device

I tried sending some imessages but they wouldn’t deliver just to this one person. Then i thought i could send one as a sms text message but since then I can’t switch back to normal imessages. Keep in mind that all my other messages to everyone else are sending as normal imessages. Why is this happening?????

iPhone 13

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 1:36 PM

1 reply

Apr 26, 2024 1:55 PM in response to lucas3ll15

The fact that someone has an Apple device doesn't necessarily mean they use iMessages. In order to use iMessages, they must be signed into iMessage and have an active data connection. I know people with iPhones who, for reasons of their own, aren't signed into iMessage so everything I send them goes as an SMS (green) message.

You should ask the person if they are using iMessage and if they have a data connection.

My messages keep sending as text messages and not as imessages only to one person who also uses an apple device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.