Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Related Article: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled

How to stop the passcode expired notice. I tried to back up my phone and reset but you have to wait for 60 minutes. I have tried 3 different times. I’m very frustrated.any help would be appreciated.

I got a notice on my iphone that my passcode has expired. I tried to reset but it keeps coming back. No explanation for anything. I backed up my phone then I tried to reset but you have to wait 60 minutes. It doesn’t let you know nor does it auto start the reset after the time is up. I was like 7 minutes after the 60 minutes and tried to reset but it makes me wait 60 more minutes. I went in to just change my passcode and you still have to wait another 60 minutes. Any help would be appreciated.i can’t even turn my phone off because of this message.

iPad Pro

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 2:46 PM

5 replies

Apr 26, 2024 2:58 PM in response to margo0234

margo0234 wrote:

I got a notice on my iphone that my passcode has expired. I tried to reset but it keeps coming back. No explanation for anything. I backed up my phone then I tried to reset but you have to wait 60 minutes. It doesn’t let you know nor does it auto start the reset after the time is up. I was like 7 minutes after the 60 minutes and tried to reset but it makes me wait 60 more minutes. I went in to just change my passcode and you still have to wait another 60 minutes. Any help would be appreciated.i can’t even turn my phone off because of this message.

If you see a iPhone, iPad, or Apple Vision Pro unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

Apr 26, 2024 3:26 PM in response to margo0234

Are you trying to reset the passcode, or did you forget the passcode?

To reset the passcode, you must first enter the correct passcode to get into the settings on the phone to reset the passcode. Then, tap Settings > Face ID & Passcode > Change Passcode.

If you forgot the passcode, follow the instructions below:

If you forgot your iPhone passcode, use your Mac or PC to reset it - Apple Support

How to stop the passcode expired notice. I tried to back up my phone and reset but you have to wait for 60 minutes. I have tried 3 different times. I’m very frustrated.any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.