Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Attempting to transfer data from my 6S+ to my new 15 Pro Max and having issues

I can't backup my 6S+ to iCloud or my Macbook. It also will not let me do the wireless transfer to my new 15 Pro Max. Anybody know how I can accomplish getting everything from my 6S+ to my new 15 Pro Max? It is currently on update 15.8.2. I have tried everything that I can think of and Apple Support has basically had me running in circles with no solutions. I really need to figure something out because all of my stuff is on my 6S+. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 3:09 PM

3 replies

Apr 26, 2024 4:24 PM in response to Drummingwood

Drummingwood wrote:

I can't backup my 6S+ to iCloud or my Macbook. It also will not let me do the wireless transfer to my new 15 Pro Max. Anybody know how I can accomplish getting everything from my 6S+ to my new 15 Pro Max? It is currently on update 15.8.2. I have tried everything that I can think of and Apple Support has basically had me running in circles with no solutions. I really need to figure something out because all of my stuff is on my 6S+. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Nobody here can help when you provide no details:

Why can't you back up.

What did Apple support have you do?

ETC ETC ETC....

Apr 26, 2024 7:33 PM in response to razmee209

Apple Support said because I am on update 15.8.2 it's not going to let me backup to iCloud, my macbook or transfer wirelessly to the new phone. They told me to get a lightning to usb-c cable and transfer that way, but they were unsure if it will work or not. Haven't tried it yet because the senior advisor told me to get on here to ask if anyone knew of a way or a third party app to try. So that is why I am here

Attempting to transfer data from my 6S+ to my new 15 Pro Max and having issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.