Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

How to unlock a iPhone from phone without the information

I’m having trouble with my iPhone 6s I need to have it unlocked by Verizon and I don’t know who own this phone before but I would love it to be unlocked and I wanted to put time and minutes on it with the phone company I love to have on it and don’t know the number on this phone please and thank for

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 4:06 PM

2 replies

Apr 26, 2024 4:22 PM in response to Snakebite27

Snakebite27 wrote:

I’m having trouble with my iPhone 6s I need to have it unlocked by Verizon and I don’t know who own this phone before but I would love it to be unlocked and I wanted to put time and minutes on it with the phone company I love to have on it and don’t know the number on this phone please and thank for

How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

Apr 26, 2024 5:00 PM in response to Snakebite27

Is this phone carrier-locked? Meaning that it will only let you get cellular service from a particular carrier (in this case, Verizon)? In that case, you must contact that carrier to remove the lock. Only they can remove it, if they choose to do so.

Or is it Activation Locked, displaying a message like "Locked to Owner"? Activation Lock is an anti-theft measure designed to make stolen and lost iPhones useless to thieves, fences, and anyone they might subsequently sell the phones to. If the phone is Activation Locked with an Apple ID and password that you don't know, we can't remove the Activation Lock for you – and Apple won't, without proof of original purchase that you ("I don't know who own this phone before") obviously don't have.

See: The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a Used iPad/iPhone – Apple Community

How to unlock a iPhone from phone without the information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.