Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

iphone 7 how to fix Cannot Verify Server Identity - how to manually accept trusted root certificates

Help! My iphone 7 is constantly popping up "cannot Verify Server Identity - the identity of xxxxx cannot be verified" messages. When I click "details" there are no options to accept or change. I have tried restarting several times, gone under Settings, General, About, Certificate Trust Settings - which does not give me any manual options to trust root certificates or change.

It says it is running Trust Asset Version 1003 and the phone is running IOS 15.8.2.

I tried to download and run the Apple Configurator which requires IOS 16 or above and doesn't appear Iphone 7 can run anything higher that 15.8.2 .

How can I fix this? Is iphone 7 basically null and void at this point?

Many thanks for any ideas.

iPhone 4s, iOS 9

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 4:22 PM

1 reply

Apr 27, 2024 12:03 AM in response to Katdownes

You may have a subscribed Calendar or a CardDAV account for Contacts or Calendars.

What happens when you click the "Details" on the error popup message (See the Pic below)

Best would be to Delete and Add the email account that is creating the issue.

You may also try changing SSL settings

Settings > Password & Accounts > [Select the Mail account} > [Tape on Account with the email ID} > Advanced > SSL Settings > [Disable]

Click <Account (in Blue)

Click on DONE (in Blue) when exiting in the previous screen

iphone 7 how to fix Cannot Verify Server Identity - how to manually accept trusted root certificates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.