Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

My iCloud password doesn’t match my Apple ID password

I received an email from Apple that my iCloud account was locked for security reasons and I needed to reset my password. I did that, but now my regular Apple account has the new password, but the App Store/iTunes and devices still only respond to the old password. Asking "How to reset App Store password" and I get instructions to change the Apple ID password. I could change the Apple ID back to the original, and everything will match again, but that seems to be defeating the purpose - whatever it was - for Apple locking my account. Suggestions?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 5:57 PM

2 replies

Apr 26, 2024 8:08 PM in response to MrHoffman

First thing I tried, no joy. Repeated several times in case there was some slight delay. As of right now, Apple ID/iCloud password different from App Store password, but both with same user name, account details, etc. This feels like a glitch, although I see others asking same question, that is, changing Apple ID password does not reach App Store/iTunes.

I'll try again in the morning and post here if resolved on its own

My iCloud password doesn’t match my Apple ID password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.