Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

HOW TO MOVE THE IPHONE BACK-UP's LOCATION (Windows / PC)

Hey guys. I built my PC/Windows Desktop from the ground up and made the mistake of saving money by cutting corners on max the storage capacity of my Hard Drive. I have a SECOND EXTERNAL DRIVE for this reason, as a place to install/store all my other programs/data... BUT HOW ABOUT IPHONE BACK-UPS?

When downloading iTunes, it automatically installs its media Library Folder in the "Users" Folder for the C: Drive... but I was able to move that to my E: Drive and delete the C: Drive branch/Folders. It does the same ting for iPhone back-ups, and saves them to the "C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Roaming" folder for me. But if we move this to another location, or copy paste this filepath/these folders to another drive, will it be alright?

Have any of y'all ever done this before? I read an article from Apple caution others to not move the folder, "or else" (basically). Any insight would be INCREDIBLY APPRECIATED.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 6:22 PM

1 reply

HOW TO MOVE THE IPHONE BACK-UP's LOCATION (Windows / PC)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.