Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Unable to receive a shared location through "Find My"

I was blocked and then I got unblocked and now he is not able to share his location again it’s saying it’s unavailable but I can share mines perfectly fine what do I do to receive his location again

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 7:21 PM

3 replies

Apr 26, 2024 11:10 PM in response to kylabrooke

It is not clear from your post the process you are using to share your location with others.

Open the Find My app and select the People tab. Tap the Add button . Select Share My Location. Enter the name or phone number of the person that you want to share your location with. See the pic below.

Find people and share your location with Find My

Share your location in the Messages app

1. Open the Messages app on your iPhone and select a message.
  2. Select the name of the person or group at the top of the conversation.
  3. Select Send My Current Location. Your recipient will see your location on the map.

Find people and share your location with Find My

With Family Sharing, you can share your location with family members in the Find My app or the Messages app.

Share your location with a family member

• On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings.
  • Tap Family.
  • Tap Location Sharing.
  • Under Share Your Location With, tap to choose which family members to share your location with.

Share your location with your family - Apple Support (IN)

Unable to receive a shared location through "Find My"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.