Apple TV app buffering constantly

I have this free subscription to Apple TV but everything I watch glitches so bad I can actually watch it. I have prime, Hulu, max and multiple other free apps that don’t do this. Why is this still a problem when 3 years ago customers reported the same issue?! Is it even possible to enjoy Apple TV?! I’ve been offered free subscriptions in the past, probably over the least 10 years, I’ve tried this service dozens of times and it’s always the same issue. At times the glitching is so bad I have to unplug the tv for several minutes to get anything else to work. It freezes the tv and is a useless service.

MTKB_D50x-G9

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 7:22 PM

1 reply

Apr 27, 2024 2:30 AM in response to amberly17

MTKB_D50x-G9

Is this for a Vizio smart TV? Try the steps as outlined on:

Apps not working on my TV - Vizio Support

- Verify that your TV’s system software is up-to-date. Update if a newer version is available.

- Try a cold restart of the TV.

- Try a reset of the Apple TV app.

- For testing, try Apple TV+ on a different device, but on the same home network (e.g. browser access).

- Else contact Apple Support for further assistance.

Is it even possible to enjoy Apple TV?!

Most users enjoy the Apple TV+ service without buffering or glitches. Buffering would point to a network (settings) issue, possibly a DNS choice issue. VPN use through a different country could also make a connection worse.

I’ve been offered free subscriptions in the past, probably over the least 10 years, I’ve tried this service dozens of times and it’s always the same issue.

Apple TV+ started in Nov 2019, only ~4.5 years ago. Apple offers one free trial to Apple TV+ per user per lifetime, although partnering companies can make offers with their own terms and conditions.

At times the glitching is so bad I have to unplug the tv for several minutes to get anything else to work. It freezes the tv and is a useless service.

Apps are sandboxed for the platform, and wouldn’t affect the TV system, nor other apps.

Apple TV app buffering constantly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.