Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Low power mode don't switch to on auto

Hi all,

I think that feature is default in iOS - to turn the low power on when the battery is under 20% automatically,but i see that maybe is changed?

Is the only way to achive this by Shortcuts automation ?

Thanks

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 11:16 PM

3 replies

Apr 26, 2024 11:21 PM in response to dzhani_ivanov

• When your device's battery reaches a critically low level, it won't automatically switch to Low Power Mode (LPM).
  • Instead, you'll typically see a notification or alert informing you about the low battery.
  • This notification might also offer an option to quickly enable LPM with a single tap.
  • LPM is a battery-saving feature that reduces background activities, dims the screen, and limits certain features to extend your device's remaining battery life for a longer period.
  • By giving you the option to enable LPM, your device allows you to make an informed decision. You can choose to conserve battery life or continue using your device normally until it needs charging.

Apr 30, 2024 7:25 AM in response to dzhani_ivanov

I haven’t tested it but in theory you could create 2 personal automations in the Shortcuts app: one to turn on Low Power Mode when the charge dips below a defined value and another one to turn it off if the charge is above another value.

In Shortcuts, add a personal automation, choose “Battery Level” as the trigger, set a charge value (e.g. 20%) and choose “Falls Below’, check “Run Immediately”, add a “New Blank Automation” and add the action “Set Low Power Mode.” This first automation is to turn on low power mode. Now, add another automation and, this time, make it to turn off low power mode by choosing “Rises Above.”

Low power mode don't switch to on auto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.