Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Whatsapp Lost Access

I awoke this morning to a message from Whatsapp saying it could not access my photos and it had also lost access to contacts. When going into iPhone settings for contacts and photos, Whatsapp was not even an option. Photos and contacts were not an option when going into Whatsapp under iPhone settings.

I uninstalled Whatsapp. On installing it again it wanted to restore from icloud but told me iCloud was not switched on, it was.

I thought of logging out of the icloud and Apple but it wanted to run a backup. After multiple failed backup attempts I'm at a loss as to what to do next. Just keeps saying the backup could not be completed.

Screen time is switched off BTW. Seems to be a systemic issue of some kind. Logic would say log out and in but without having done a backup in a while I'm hesitant to do this.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 12:56 AM

There are no replies.

Whatsapp Lost Access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.