Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Activity sharing push notifications are not working

I recently bought a new Apple Watch (series 8). Since I’ve had the watch, I do not get notified when my friends who I share fitness data with, have completed an activity. They also do not get notified of me completing a work out.

I have checked my settings and notifications are turned on for activity sharing.

If I open the Fitness app, I can see their activities, but I liked getting the notications, as it gives you the option to send a response back to their workout.

Any help getting this working again would be much appreciated.

Apple Watch Series 8, watchOS 10

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 1:36 AM

2 replies

May 7, 2024 12:53 PM in response to adub1000

A few weeks ago I suddenly had this happen with my Watch 8. My fitness friends went missing. My friends stopped getting my data and I no longer got their notifications. They were all in my phone though. It turned out that in the Watch App on my iPhone, it signed me out of my Apple ID. Apparently having the watch paired with the phone wasn’t enough. Try going into the General settings of the Watch App and then Apple ID. When I went into it, it had a message asking me to sign in. Once I did that suddenly all my fitness friends appeared again in my watch and we started getting notifications with each other again.

Activity sharing push notifications are not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.