Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Green printing

I have an app via my local library which gives access to newspapers and magazines. I can screenshot the crossword from the Daily Telegraph (UK) and used to be able to print it from my Iphone 13. However it now only prints in green, even though I requested black. I am allowed to do screenshots for my own use but everytime I do the screenshot some copyright message pops up albeiy my library subscription allows it. If I copy the image and print from my computer its prints in black as requested. Any suggestions? Has Apple not allowed screenshots to be printed when its from a national newspaper?

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 3:37 AM

2 replies

Apr 27, 2024 3:39 AM in response to Misuel

You may get better and prompt responses if you may kindly provide the iPhone Model that you have and the iOS version if it is known to you and re-post.

With the limited information that you have provided, It is hard to even guess the problems faced by you. 

You may get faster and better responses to your query by --> Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple ...

Please re-post with detail so that someone else can help.

Apr 27, 2024 3:41 AM in response to Misuel

The copyright message appearing could be an inherent function of the app, reminding users of copyright limitations when taking screenshots. It's a usual practice for apps offering copyrighted content to include such notifications. Nonetheless, given your library subscription permits it, you're likely in the clear to utilize the content for personal purposes, as you indicated.

To my knowledge, Apple generally doesn't inhibit printing of screenshots, especially for personal use. Nevertheless, specific apps might impose their own limitations or configurations influencing how screenshots are managed.

Green printing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.