Apple Wallet, Card Not Added, Banks Say Apple Apple says Bank (PNO)

My apple wallet has encountered some issues ever since I remotely locked my phone in lost mode. Strangely, every attempt to add a card results in a prompt saying "card not added, contact issuer for information." I have reached out to the issuers at six different institutions, including reputable banks and popular apps like Chime or Cash App. Surprisingly, they all claim that there is a blockage originating from Apple's side, preventing the card from even reaching their servers for addition. When I approached Apple for assistance, they pointed the finger back at the banks, insisting that they were mistaken. According to Apple, I need to communicate with the payment network operator, which unfortunately is not something I can do directly. Instead, I have to rely on the banks or institutions to place a work order with the payment network operator's back office. Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and others are part of this process. After a few days, I receive notifications from all the institutions stating that the payment network operator has responded, confirming that there is no blockage on their end. In an attempt to troubleshoot, I tested my cards on another Apple device and to my delight, each one added flawlessly. Now, I am determined to find a solution to release whatever blockage is attached to this specific phone or serial number, so I can confidently use my cards on my device.

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 4:53 AM

2 replies

May 7, 2024 1:18 AM in response to Jeff Donald

I did have my CBA credit card linked to my Wallet account. It was accidentally deleted recently and now I am unable to add it again. I have been to the bank, who stated it must be the card, so issued a new card. This has still not worked. I have been to the local Apple Store and they also couldn't help me, apart from sending me back to the bank. I have the card stored on Safari correctly, and double checked all settings as suggested on other forums. Hubby has the same card details (joint account) with the only difference is the card is in his name and he has no issues adding the card to his wallet. I can only guess there is a setting I am missing? I don't use Cloud but having settings open solely for wallet use? Have I missed something here? Is it possible you can only add one card number to the wallet and if you try and add a second it confuses the bank - even if the cards are in different names?

Thanks.

Apple Wallet, Card Not Added, Banks Say Apple Apple says Bank (PNO)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.