Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Iphone can't open password manager

Hello,

I'm using bitwarden to manage all my passwords.

I installed the bitwarden app and configured the iphone to use bitwarden to manage passwords

The problem is that when I long press on a text input, select fill password, it's opening an empty page that has nothing to do with bitwarden.

It should open bitwarden but instead it opens a weird empty panel:

The flow:

1) Long press to open the menu

2) select Fill (not sure about the exact term as my iphone is in french, it's "Remplir" in french)

3) Click on Password to open the password manager.

Then the phone is opening that wrong empty page.

What should I do to tell the iphone to open the password manager instead of this wrong page ?

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 5:39 AM

7 replies

Apr 27, 2024 5:43 AM in response to X4V1

If you encounter any challenges with third-party applications, the best course of action is to directly contact the app developer for further assistance. Here's a brief guide on how to do it:

1. Identify the app developer.
  2. Visit their website or app store listing.
  3. Look for their contact information or support channels.
  4. Clearly describe the issue you are facing.
  5. Provide any necessary information they may need.
  6. Follow their instructions and provide feedback.
  7. Be patient and follow up if needed.

By reaching out to the app developer, you increase your chances of receiving accurate and personalized support for the challenges you're experiencing. To contact an App developer --> How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Apr 28, 2024 5:28 AM in response to SravanKrA

First, Thank you for your reply :)

Contacting the app author does not make any sens as the iphone is not even opening the app. They will obviously tell me to contact apple ^^

The problem is at the os level, not at inside the app.

What is that wrong page that the iphone keep opening ? From where it comes ? Why is it not respecting the settings ?

Kind regards,

Xavier

Apr 28, 2024 5:36 AM in response to X4V1

“… They [Bitwarden] will obviously tell me to contact apple [sic]

One doesn’t know what any entity will say until they are contacted.

Bitwarden presumably wants their software to perform properly.

They would therefore be in the best position to be knowledgable as to any settings needed …

… be it a “Bitwarden setting” or an “iOS setting” … or possibly a combo of both.

Apr 28, 2024 11:56 AM in response to Chattanoogan

Ok I understand your point of view and I agree.

I contacted them (and already exchanged more than 10 emails).

I already configured all the settings correctly (I followed their documentation). We double checked together and I provided screenshots of all the possible settings. They confirmed that everything is configured correctly. So it's not a configuration issue at my end.

Now I need to know what is that weird empty page and why it opens it instead of the correct app. I contacted Apple but the agent had no idea...

What to do next ?

Apr 29, 2024 12:22 PM in response to Chattanoogan

Thank you for your reply :)

I don't want to change my password manager as it's working really good in all system (just not on iPhone).

For me it's a problem with iOS and if iOS is not able to open a password manager, it does not matter which one I choose.

I contacted Apple support. They were supposed to come back to me today, but they did not. I suppose they don't really care.

The support of bitwarden is indeed really good. Unfortuantely the problem is not on their hands so it makes sens that they can't help here. If ios is not requesting anything from the bitwarden app as it should, there is not a lot of thing their support can do.

Iphone can't open password manager

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.