Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Related Article: About Stolen Device Protection for iPhone

Stolen iPhone was factory reset

I know the person who took my phone, but denies that he did. He had used my phone earlier that day and when I had not kept focus on him he erased and reset it then sold my iPhone. Is there a all way that I can trace my phone back if I pursue it even though he denies any involvement

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 6:13 AM

3 replies

Apr 27, 2024 6:22 AM in response to Comustangj

Sorry, but If this person was able to reset your phone, you can't track it. The only way someone else could reset your phone was you didn't use a passcode on the phone and you didn't have Find My turned on.

This sounds like something you need to take to the police. Apple can't help and doesn't get involved in lost or stolen devices.

Letting anyone else use your phone is never a good idea.

Stolen iPhone was factory reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.