Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

App and App Password not appearing in password list ios 17.4.1

I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max running ios 17.4.1

I have a financial app that I am able to sign into with facial recognition, so obviously I entered my credentials at some point. I now want to sign into that same financial account on my Windows based desktop, but don't remember my password. I went to the iPhone, Settings, Passwords to find it, but neither the app nor the website is listed. My phone obviously has saved my credentials, because I am able to log in to the app directly from my iPhone - where can I find my password???

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 10:07 AM

1 reply

Apr 29, 2024 5:47 AM in response to epluid

If the App has a web presence then log into the website using a password that is stored under the keychain password.

Unfortunately, iOS, even in version 17.4.1, doesn't display app passwords directly in the Settings > Passwords section. While your iPhone remembers your login for the financial app (allowing facial recognition login), it doesn't expose that password within the settings.

Here's what's going on:

• Keychain Focuses on Websites: iOS Keychain, which stores your passwords, prioritizes website logins. It assumes you'll need those credentials more often across devices.
  • App Passwords Not Supported: Currently, iOS doesn't offer a way to view passwords specifically for apps.

App and App Password not appearing in password list ios 17.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.