Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Can I recover my data from my iPhone that is disabled?

My iCloud storage was full and I didn’t buy extra space so my phone stopped packing up data a while ago. Recently, I had a problem with my iphone screen, it started to typing things I didn’t and to make things worse part of the screen stopped responding. Unfortunately that disabled my phone as the screen typed the wrong password many times until the iphone was locked. Any idea how can I restore my data from the iphone? It literally has everything on it.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6s, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 10:13 AM

2 replies

Apr 27, 2024 11:01 AM in response to hadeer210

You mentioned that the screen was having problems on your phone. Did you have the screen replaced? If not, you will need to replace the screen before anything else can occur.

A better investment might be to spend the money on a new phone rather than repairs on an 8-10 year old phone.

If you opt for the screen replacement, the phone will be returned to you so that you can set it up again. If you still have the iCloud backup that was made some time ago, you can try to use that backup to restore data back to the phone during the new setup. No guarantees that this will work however.

If that last backup was 3 months ago, the best that you can hope for is that your phone will look like it did 3 months ago at the time of the last backup.

Can I recover my data from my iPhone that is disabled?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.