Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

When I plug my headphones in with the lightning adapter, it makes a crackling noise

whenever I plug my headphones in with the lightning adapter, it always seems to make a cracking/popping noise. I’ve done this with two different headphones, but the same adaptor, so it’s clearly the adaptor’s issue. Also, I’ve tried plugging the headphones back in to the adaptor, and the cracking will either keep going, or it will stop and the audio will either be normal or too quiet. Anyone know how to fix this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 10:56 AM

1 reply

Apr 27, 2024 10:59 AM in response to idklololol

If you are referring to the Apple EarPods with the Lightning connector, they may be covered by Apple's 1-year warranty against manufacturing defects. I suggest that you contact Apple Support directly for further assistance with this issue. You can do so simply by selecting the "Support" link on the lower left-hand side of this forum's web page.

When I plug my headphones in with the lightning adapter, it makes a crackling noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.