Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Importing video from SD into Iphone Photos doesn't work

Hello community!

I tried to import footage from an SD card using the Apple SD Card reader into the Iphone and I cannot see the footage in Photos. (I must mention that I can see and import all the photos on the SD, but no video)

All the footage can be seen into Files, but from there I cannot save it in Photos as well and in order to use it into a video editor app, I need to have the files in Photos.

Anyone solved this issue?

Thanks!

iPhone 11, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 11:28 AM

2 replies

Apr 27, 2024 11:43 AM in response to RaduMihai28

1. Check Video Format Compatibility: Make sure that the video format you're trying to import is compatible with iOS and the Photos app. iOS supports various video formats, but some formats may not be recognized or supported. If the video format is not compatible, you may need to convert it to a compatible format using a third-party video converter tool.
  2. Reset Permissions: Go to Settings > Privacy > Photos and make sure that the app you're using to import videos (such as Files or Photos) has permission to access your photos and videos. Toggle the permission off and then back on again if necessary.
  3. Use a Different App: If the built-in Photos app is not recognizing the videos, try using a third-party file management app or video editing app to import the videos from the SD card. Apps like FileBrowser, VLC, or Documents by Readdle may have better compatibility with certain video formats and importing capabilities.
  4. Try a Different SD Card Reader: If you're using an external SD card reader, try using a different one to see if the issue persists. It's possible that the SD card reader may be faulty or not fully compatible with your iPhone.

Importing video from SD into Iphone Photos doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.