Can't add a column to pivot tables!

Hi.

I have a spreadsheet that lists (rows) various investment accounts (a dozen +/-) and monthly balances (columns).

I created a few pivot tables to analyze the data based on some characteristic or other.

In my main chart, I have now added a column in preparation for the April monthend.

However, I can not add that column in my pivot tables!!! When I go to "Pivot Options", that column is not listed in the "Fields". 2023-12-31, 2024-01-31, 2024-02-29 and 2024-03-31 are there, but not 2024-04-30!!!

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Mac mini (M1, 2020)

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 11:54 AM

2 replies

Apr 28, 2024 7:37 AM in response to OliviaMarsh

Olivia! Thanks for the response!

Your suggestion was exactly what I was doing (except that in the "Source Data" field, it showed the table name, not the coordinates as in your example). Nevertheless, that's what I had been trying all afternoon yesterday, and that did NOT work.

But I did find the solution to my problem this morning: keep in mind that I had created the "2024-04-30" in preparation for the coming month-end. Of course, there was NO DATA yet in any of the cells of that column. Well...(drumroll here...) I put 0 (yes, zero) in one of the cells, and, BINGO, now the column is visible in the Fields box of the Pivot Options!!!

What a way to live!

Well, thanks for responding and sort of forcing me to take another look at my problem!

Have a nice day.

Can't add a column to pivot tables!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.