Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Battery Maximun capacity stuck at 80% for the last six months

I have a three year old iPhone SE 2nd generation. It has gone through over 750 cycles. For the last six months, the maximum battery capacity has been at 80%. I pay for Apple Care and they will not do a “free” battery replacement until the capacity drops below 80%. My operating system is up to date. I can clearly see that my battery performance continues to decline. Three Apple supervisors, plus other advisers and the engineering department say there’s nothing wrong with the battery or algorithm that estimates capacity. What do you think?

iPhone SE, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 12:48 PM

4 replies

Apr 28, 2024 6:19 AM in response to Bob Timmons

Thank you for your reply, but don’t you think it’s strange that the battery capacity was diminishing at a reasonable and steady rate for the life of the phone, but only stopped declining when it hit 80%? I can tell that the performance continued to decline, but not the “capacity”. For the last three years I’ve paid well over two times the price of a battery to Apple Care.

May 2, 2024 6:10 AM in response to Bob Timmons

Thank you for your reply, but don’t you think it’s strange that the battery capacity was diminishing at a reasonable and steady rate for the life of the phone, but only stopped declining when it hit 80%? I can tell that the performance continued to decline, but not the “capacity”. For the last three years I’ve paid well over two times the price of a battery to Apple Care.

Battery Maximun capacity stuck at 80% for the last six months

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.