Pictures won’t synchronise to iCloud anymore

As I have lots of pictures and videos on my iPhone 13 Pro (iOS 17.4.1), I bought 2 TB of iCloud storage a few months ago. The synchronisation of the photos to iCloud was initially working well, until a few weeks ago. I see the number of photos which are yet to synchronize piling up (at 4,777 items rn), although I leave it on the whole time.

iCloud pictures is turned on, and I still have more than 1 TB of free iCloud storage. My wifi is connected, and I even gave the possibility to synchronize with mobile data, if necessary.

Also, I noticed that screenrecords I am making, are not saved when the items are trying to synchronize the iPhone. I have to pause the synchronisation process and restart my iPhone in order to be able to make screenrecords again.

What could be causing these issues?

Thanks in advance for the help!

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 4:06 PM

1 reply

May 3, 2024 9:26 PM in response to MatthiasS98

I’m also having this issue and am wondering if it’s because of the 17.4.1 update.

more things have been locking up and freezing lately, especially cloud based items like Photos and Files app.

I’ve lost photos numerous times now since they aren’t able to backup to cloud and then I’ll attempt to restart the phone the fix frozen apps or other things and when I go back into Photos the photos from the day are just missing like they were in some temporary cache. They don’t even show up in deleted items. Not sure why they don’t seem to at least save locally on the phone.

it’s becoming pretty infuriating.

Pictures won’t synchronise to iCloud anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.