Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Do I need a converter for my iPhone charger in Europe?

Do I need to get a special plug to convert 240 current in Eurpoe to 110 volt current to charge my

phone?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch, watchOS 4

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 4:22 PM

4 replies

Apr 28, 2024 7:23 PM in response to RLHECHT

Europe is a big place, with a variety of sockets.

https://www.travelguide-en.org/power-plugs-and-sockets-used-in-europe/

There are adapter sets as mentioned above, or you can acquire a USB-A or USB-C 5W charger when you get to whatever country or countries you’re in, and quite possibly either acquire a charger from the front desk at the hotel or from the hotel junk drawer or gift shop or a local news stand, and various hotels will also have in-room USB-A or USB-C sockets.

Airports will absolutely have these too, but they'll be more expensive.

In some hotels, the bathrooms have shaver sockets for plugging in with US plugs at higher voltages, as most (all?) shavers are multi-voltage, as are most (all?) Apple iPhone chargers.

The yellow-highlighted part is the important part here. 100V to 240V, and both 50 Hz and 60 Hz covers ~anything you’ll encounter. This assuming the plug fits the multi-voltage shaver socket. It won’t fit the standard sockets, of course. (That’s where the adapters can help. They don’t adapt the voltage or the frequency. Just the physical socket. Just as the shaver sockets in various hotel bathrooms do.)

Do I need a converter for my iPhone charger in Europe?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.