MacBook purchased in USA and will be using it in India.Where should I buy the care+ plan

I have bought MacBook in USA but I would be using it in India, where should I buy the Apple care + for that device. In USA or India ? And what difference it will make on the service and warranty. Warranty is international right?

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 8:58 PM

3 replies

Apr 28, 2024 7:45 PM in response to Pratikvilasdesai

Pratikvilasdesai Said:

"Thanks for the quick response. I’d also like to know, within how many days of the MacBook purchase do I have to buy the care + from India. Also, do I need to present the MacBook to the store to buy care+. Or I can purchase it online."

-------

Getting AppleCare+:

You do not need to present this in-person. You can purchase this online. Find the Serial Number of your Mac, and then enter it here: Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support. If it becomes and option, you can purchase it. You do not need to be the original purchaser. Apple gives you 365 days to purchase it.

Apr 27, 2024 9:53 PM in response to Pratikvilasdesai

Pratikvilasdesai Said:

"MacBook purchased in USA and will be using it in India.Where should I buy the care+ plan: I have bought MacBook in USA but I would be using it in India, where should I buy the Apple care + for that device. In USA or India ? And what difference it will make on the service and warranty. Warranty is international right?"

-------

AppleCare+ Is Restricted by Country:

Purchase the AppleCare+ in the country where you'll using the Mac the most. Note that AppleCare+ is only valid in the country/region is was purchased in. So, based on your post, it seems India is where to be when you go about purchasing this.

MacBook purchased in USA and will be using it in India.Where should I buy the care+ plan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.