Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Burning a Slide Show DVD using iMovie 10.3.5 to Toast Titanium 20 version 20.3

How do I burn a slide show DVD from iMovie 10.3.5 to Toast Titanium 20 version 20.3, I have never done this before, I have compiled the slide show in iMovie but am stuck trying to transfer to Toast to burn the DVD

My iMac is using Sonoma 14.3.1

I would really welcome some assistance

Blackrock Guy

iMac 27″, macOS 14.3

Posted on Apr 28, 2024 5:29 AM

2 replies

Apr 28, 2024 6:20 AM in response to blackrockguy

You must export (share) the slideshow video from iMovie to a file. Open your project in iMovie. Then do File > Share > File. In the resulting window, select the properties you want to use. In most cases it's best to leave them at the default values that appear there. Then click Next, give the exported file a name and choose a location to save your exported movie.

Note: FWIW, in the Share dialog window, when you choose Quality = Low, Medium or High, iMovie exports to .MP4. When you choose Quality = Best, iMovie exports to .MOV, which yields much larger exported files. In most cases .MP4 is what you should use.

Then, in Toast Titanium, import the movie file you just exported from iMovie. From there you can select a template, build a menu, and burn a DVD.

Burning a Slide Show DVD using iMovie 10.3.5 to Toast Titanium 20 version 20.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.