Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

The account with which I have been paying for my subscriptions at the Apple store is not the same one with which I have been paying for my iPhone insurance, does this affect my iPhone insurance in any way?

Currently my iPhone has an AppleId in its identification and an Apple ID to log into the Apple Store. Will the fact that I use the Apple Store with an account that is not linked to AppleCare affect my insurance if my phone is stolen, for example?

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 28, 2024 8:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2024 9:21 AM

Having different Apple IDs for subscriptions and iPhone insurance shouldn't affect your coverage. AppleCare is typically tied to the device rather than the Apple ID used for purchases. As long as your iPhone is covered by AppleCare and registered under your account, you should be eligible for insurance benefits regardless of the Apple ID used for purchases. For further clarification, it's recommended to contact Apple Support directly.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2024 9:21 AM in response to indiamaris

Having different Apple IDs for subscriptions and iPhone insurance shouldn't affect your coverage. AppleCare is typically tied to the device rather than the Apple ID used for purchases. As long as your iPhone is covered by AppleCare and registered under your account, you should be eligible for insurance benefits regardless of the Apple ID used for purchases. For further clarification, it's recommended to contact Apple Support directly.

The account with which I have been paying for my subscriptions at the Apple store is not the same one with which I have been paying for my iPhone insurance, does this affect my iPhone insurance in any way?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.