WiFi speed decreases on my iMac, when mounted with USB hub.

My imac is from 2017 and problems with new hub the hub is powered and when I plugged the external hard drives and printer they all showed up on my desktop. But, here is the problem, it somehow affected my wifi speed, normally it is quite fast but with the hub plugged in the speed is almost 0, what kind of hub should I get to make things work better? here is the information about the hub. Wenter 10 Ports 36W Powered USB Hub,

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 12.6

Posted on Apr 28, 2024 12:29 PM

2 replies

Apr 28, 2024 2:14 PM in response to John Hough

Have you tried simply changing the location of this hub to see if it will make any difference for Wi-Fi connectivity?

If you have, and it didn't, then it may be possible that either the hub or the provided power supply is emitting enough EMF to affect your Mac 's wireless connection.

You may want to check the return policy from where you got it, and consider getting another brand. I suggest hubs from OWC. They are considerably more expensive than your current hub, but you really get what you pay for.

WiFi speed decreases on my iMac, when mounted with USB hub.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.