Photos disappeared from icloud

Photos from icloud have suddenly disappeared over the last 10 years. I checked all possible options. I don’t know what the reason is

iPhone XS, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 28, 2024 10:26 PM

2 replies

Apr 28, 2024 10:45 PM in response to Dianochka2

Dianochka2 Said:

"Photos disappeared from icloud: Photos from icloud have suddenly disappeared over the last 10 years. I checked all possible options. I don’t know what the reason is"

-------

Troubleshooting Lost Photos:

Loss of data is something you would have agreed to upon opening an Apple Account. So, if the following does not work, then they are gone. That's just the way is is.

Four Tactics to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud Directly:

See if they reside in iCloud Photos. Log in here: https://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Use a Time Machine Backup:

Did you backup your Mac, recently? If so, then restore your Mac from that. You'd backup you Mac prior to doing so, and then restore your data from the backup you just created, through use of Migration Assistant.

D. Where Else to Check:

• PC
  • PDA
  • eMail
  • Mac Device
  • Cloud Storage
  • Android Phone
  • USB Flash Drive
  • External Hard drive
  • Secure Digital Card
  • Compact Flash Card

Apr 28, 2024 10:44 PM in response to Dianochka2

Dianochka2 Said:

"Photos disappeared from icloud: Photos from icloud have suddenly disappeared over the last 10 years. I checked all possible options. I don’t know what the reason is"

-------

Troubleshooting Lost iCloud Photos:

If space is than up, then it will be over written. So, make sure you have enough storage.

New iCloud Session:

Log out of iCloud on all devices, and then log back in. Perhaps it needs to resync?

Upgrading iCloud:

For thought...

Download All of iCloud:

Save a Few: If you wanted to, rather than upgrading your iCloud plan, you could export all of iCloud onto an external disk, trash iCloud storage, and then start iCloud anew.  Read my User Tip for moreGetting a Quick and Direct "iCloud Drive-to-External Hard Drive" Download - User Tip

Photos disappeared from icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.