Output power from USB3.2 gen2 port

Hi community,

May i know the average and max power output from USB type-C port of iPhone 15 Pro for the external accessories/USB devices?

iPhone 15 Pro

Posted on Apr 29, 2024 1:04 AM

3 replies

Apr 29, 2024 1:23 AM in response to shanmukhi_o

To fast charge, you need an iPhone 15 model with a USB-C cable

• Apple 18W,* 20W, 29W, 30W, 35W, 61W, 67W, 87W or 96W, or 140W USB-C Power Adapter
  • A comparable third-party USB-C power adapter that supports USB Power Delivery (USB-PD)

Fast charging might not work in conditions that are too cold or too hot.

If you're not sure which Apple Power Adapter you have, check the wattage on the top or bottom of the adapter:

Source: Fast charge your iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

Apr 29, 2024 1:21 AM in response to shanmukhi_o

Search for accessories that have completed MFi certification

Once an accessory has completed MFi certification requirements and is reported to Apple as sold/distributed, it will be searchable in our public database of authorized Lightning, headset, charging, iAP-enabled, and Find My network-enabled accessories.

https://mfi.apple.com/account/accessory-search

Learn how to identify counterfeit or uncertified Lightning-based accessories.

Apr 29, 2024 2:07 AM in response to SravanKrA

Hi Sravan,

For the lightening port we know that it should be within 100mA. But for iPhone15 Pro has USB3.2 gen2 type-C port. So we would like to know if it can provide 1.5A or 900mA from its port for external device operation. Based on that we need to limit our performance. So if we can get the details it will be much helpful. I couldn’t find it in Accessories spec sheet as well.

Thanks,

Shanmukhi.

Output power from USB3.2 gen2 port

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.