I’m trying to join the wi fi at my moms house right now and I keep pressing the button on the router that has the blinking light which I thought can grant me access but nothing happens

the home router at my mom’s house. I am trying to connect to IQ. Keep pressing the button on the actual router where it blinks light which I am told should connect me automatically as I have forgotten the password, but nothing happens.

Posted on Apr 29, 2024 1:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2024 1:58 PM

First, make sure WPS is enabled on the router and try resetting the router by unplugging it and plugging it back in. If WPS still doesn't work, you may need to manually enter the Wi-Fi password, which can usually be found on the router itself or in its settings. Once you have the password, go to your iPhone's Wi-Fi settings and connect manually. If problems persist, consider reaching out to your mom or the internet service provider for further assistance.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2024 1:58 PM in response to Yoshee1899

First, make sure WPS is enabled on the router and try resetting the router by unplugging it and plugging it back in. If WPS still doesn't work, you may need to manually enter the Wi-Fi password, which can usually be found on the router itself or in its settings. Once you have the password, go to your iPhone's Wi-Fi settings and connect manually. If problems persist, consider reaching out to your mom or the internet service provider for further assistance.

I’m trying to join the wi fi at my moms house right now and I keep pressing the button on the router that has the blinking light which I thought can grant me access but nothing happens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.