Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Battery Indicator gets stuck while charging

Anyone ever faced a problem where,

When plugged in for charging the percentage indicator does not rise or fall for a long time sometimes until you either plug out and plug in the device again or do a forced restart and the percentage rises all of a sudden by a lot?

Today while charging my device was stuck at 94% for nearly 30 minutes, plugging it out and plugging it in brought it up to 98% immediately and a forced restart right after brought it up to 100%

2 more subsequent forced restarts to see if it was a reading error on the softwares part had no change to the percentage anymore and another forced restart 30 mins later had no change either

If anyone has ever faced this issue could you please tell me if this is a device specific problem where the battery is faulty or a software issue

My device: iPhone XR 3/128 - iOS: 17.4.1 - Using original apple cable and adapter - Optimised battery charging off

Posted on Apr 29, 2024 2:16 AM

2 replies

Battery Indicator gets stuck while charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.