Broken links (opening windows automatically) idk

Hello, please help, I am using a translator for this question. It's hard to describe and I'm still running it through the translator. Bad situation.

I'm using a Mac mini and I accidentally disabled the function using the terminal, so that when I want to open a www link, it doesn't take me to the desktop on which I have the browser open. or When I open a .pdf from an email, it doesn't take me to Adobe Reader because it's already open on another desktop. It all happens in the background and it happens that I click on a link or file a few times but no action happens. Nothing seems to be happening, but it's happening on another desktop.

Example 3 is also annoying. See below.

I couldn't find the command I entered in the terminal. The command was supposed to solve this problem... I didn't want that when I close the window of the program, for example word, on desktop no. 1, it would throw me on desktop no. 4 because another word document is open there. I wanted the image to stay on the same surface. And ever since I typed the link from AI into the terminal, it's been doing these errors..

Example 1.:

When I click on the link in the email, the image does not take me to the desktop where chrome is open. (chrome is set as the default browser). Email is on desktop No. 1 and Chrome is on desktop No. 2. In the event that Chrome is turned off and I click on a link in an email, the image will take me to the desktop where Chrome opens - any opening of the link after this action, I not suitable for open chrome. If the target program is open, the image is no longer transferred to the desktop.

Example 2:

When I open a .pdf attachment in an email (it can also be word, etc.), if the program is already running, the image does not transfer to the desktop on which the file is opened.

Example 3:

I open the finder folder called "work" I go to another desktop and there I click again on this folder "work" and it won't open because I opened it on another desktop. In short, the image does not take me to the place where the folder is opened.

Mac mini, macOS 14.4

Posted on Apr 29, 2024 3:19 AM

3 replies

May 1, 2024 2:46 AM in response to den.thed

Yes, I figured this out, but late. I used that command in the terminal and now when I click on a link in e.g. messenger or mail, nothing happens. Example. Someone sends a link on messenger and you click on it (for example 10 times) Yes, I figured this out, but late. I used that command in the terminal and now when I click on a link in e.g. messenger or mail, nothing happens. Example. Someone sends a link on messenger and you click on it (for example 10 times) because you expect it to appear in chrome. Every time I click on it, a new tab opens in the background in chrome. So then I go to chrome and there is a 10x open window with that link. The same happens with word or acrobat (.pdf) files. In short, the view of the screen does not move to the place (on the desktop) where the program is opened. That command to the terminal canceled this. Please help.. Every time I click on it, a new tab opens in the background in chrome. So then I go to chrome and there is a 10x open window with that link. The same happens with word or acrobat (.pdf) files. In short, the view of the screen does not move to the place (on the desktop) where the program is opened. That command to the terminal canceled this. Please help.

May 1, 2024 9:15 AM in response to Basetice

the terminal command was as follows:

basetice@Lukas-Mac-mini ~ % defaults write com.apple.dock workspaces-auto-swoosh -bool FALSE                                                                                            

killall Dock

Broken links (opening windows automatically) idk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.