Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

No video showing; audio only

I first tried uploading my podcast directly to Apple Podcasts and, when it only played audio, I was advised to upload it with an RSS feed, which I did. I archived the previous uploads because I didn't see a way to just delete them but it's still playing audio only. What do I need to do?

https://anchor.fm/s/f3eebda0/podcast/rss

Posted on Apr 29, 2024 6:23 AM

7 replies

Apr 29, 2024 6:50 AM in response to MacTrish

You don't upload media (i.e. audio or video files) to Apple Podcasts: you store them on a server (or get a firm to do it for you) and upload a 'feed' - a coded text filed describing your episodes - to Apple Podcasts.

In order to comment further I would need to look at your feed: please post the URL If you've already done so and the Hosts have removed it please try again.

In the meantime you may find it helpful to look at my 'get you started' page: http://wilmut.uk/pc

Apr 29, 2024 8:06 AM in response to MacTrish

MacTrish wrote:

Apple advised they deleted that link from my post so I won't list it again. Thank you for responding anyway.

They don't do this consistently so I don't know whether it's a developing policy or just a random decision of some sort. I have asked them not to do this on several occasions - it means that I am unable to help on any queries arising from technical or coding problems with a podcast.

All I can advise you is to make sure your video files conform to the requirements laid out near the top of my page which I linked to - though normally if a file is in the wrong format it won't play at all.

Apr 29, 2024 8:25 AM in response to MacTrish

Apple have now restored the link after I emailed them about this, so my thanks to the Hosts.

So I've been able to look at the feed. You have one episode: the file linked to in the 'enclosure' tag is an .mp3 - this is an audio only format. Hence what you describe. You need to create a video file: this must be an .m4v, .mov or .mp4 file (not Windows Media, RealMedia,  Flash or YouTube).

Apr 29, 2024 2:52 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thank you, Roger, for telling me but I don't know how it became an mp3. It's saved as mp4 and that's what I uploaded. I don't understand why this happened. It was uploaded to Spotify for Podcasters to get the RSS code and the video does show on the Spotify feed. Maybe I'll just have to accept that it will be audio only on Apple Podcasts. It was just the trailer and I'll be uploading the first actual episode in a couple of weeks. Thank you again for your input.

Apr 30, 2024 12:23 AM in response to MacTrish

I'm not familiar with Spotify; but possibly although it displays your videos in its own system it thinks when you make a podcast from it that you want an audio podcast (as these are a lot more common) and you would need to specify a video podcast. It would be worth your asking their Help (if any) about this if you can't find a setting to do this.

No video showing; audio only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.