Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

value of old iMac

can the value of my 2012 iMac be determined with the serial number?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 29, 2024 4:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2024 4:43 PM

We can be of almost no help here with used pricing. These are international English-language forums and values vary widely depending on where you are in the world. A 2012 iMac that is today worth very little in the US might be expensive in an emerging society with limited tech resources.

I see significant differences in selling price between our town with no Apple reseller and a one 40 miles away that has a university whose book store sells Apple gear

As no one here wants to know where you are, we cannot can quote values. Your best bet is to look at local and regional classified sites like Craigslist that let you focus geographically.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2024 4:43 PM in response to mcduffer6

We can be of almost no help here with used pricing. These are international English-language forums and values vary widely depending on where you are in the world. A 2012 iMac that is today worth very little in the US might be expensive in an emerging society with limited tech resources.

I see significant differences in selling price between our town with no Apple reseller and a one 40 miles away that has a university whose book store sells Apple gear

As no one here wants to know where you are, we cannot can quote values. Your best bet is to look at local and regional classified sites like Craigslist that let you focus geographically.

value of old iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.