siri on apple watch does not recognize app eventhough the app is installed

I try using Siri to create a reminder in TickTick.

I say: "Hey Siri. In TickTick add start the dishwasher at 10 PM"

Siri responds with: "You'll need an app for me to help with that. Try searching in the Apple Watch app on your phone."

TickTick is installed on both my iPhone and Apple Watch. Deleting and re-installing both apps does not work. Anyone else have this problem or knows of a fix? Thanks.

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 29, 2024 5:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2024 6:38 PM

I found a workaround. In the community here actually. What I did was created a Shortcut, named it "Help me with my Personal list". Created the actions as below. I also created a Shortcut for my shopping list. Strange thing is if I say "Start the dishwasher". The word "Start" is excluded from the title of the task. The title ends up being "the dishwasher". Anyway I guess it is good as I can do for now.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2024 6:38 PM in response to langhamc

I found a workaround. In the community here actually. What I did was created a Shortcut, named it "Help me with my Personal list". Created the actions as below. I also created a Shortcut for my shopping list. Strange thing is if I say "Start the dishwasher". The word "Start" is excluded from the title of the task. The title ends up being "the dishwasher". Anyway I guess it is good as I can do for now.

siri on apple watch does not recognize app eventhough the app is installed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.